HISTORY - Tessuti di Sondrio
In August 1895, in Sondrio, a small town in the heart of the Italian Alps, Emilio Spelty, his son and Giovanni Keller formed a new company. These are two Swiss families who immediately understand the preciousness of our territory and build a factory in the Alps for the production of cotton yarns. Spelty, Keller & C.O.
The registered trademark
In 1897 Spelty, Keller & C.O. deposited the first brand: a lithographed label, which depicts "A chamois facing right with a graceful attitude, adorned with mountain peaks", as described in the certificate of the ancient Kingdom of Italy.
The Fossati family
Spelty and Keller soon left Valtellina and sold the factory to the most powerful Italian textile family: the Fossati. The Lords of Monza in turn understand the enormous opportunity offered by the territory of Valtellina. The command therefore passed into Italian hands in the figures of Alberto Fossati and his son Felice who, at the dawn of the '900, brought the factory to a new industrial level.
The Massaua Bleu 10 Sanfor
The success of the Moats is not long in coming. After the recovery from the Great War, the factory specializes in making yarns for the famous "MASSAUA BLEU 10 SANFOR", producing the uniform fabric par excellence. Once developed, it is patented and becomes the symbol of the factory and the standard to which refer for the production of high quality work clothes.
The great success
The visionary entrepreneurship of the Fossati led to a new economic rise at the end of the Second World War, when they expanded their production with the construction of the plant in Via Tonale. In 1951 the factory was so impressive that it required half of the local manufacturing workforce.
The Manufacture of the Adda
The '60s mark a fundamental date. From a strategic point of view, the Fossati completed the manufacturing process with the construction of the "Manifattura dell'Adda" division. In the factory in Berbenno in Valtellina, a few kilometers from Sondrio, are made clothing mostly intended for the world of work uniforms.
Tescon, Lanerossi and Cotoni di Sondrio
In 1975 Fossati was incorporated into the enterprises of the Italian State. In this period he passed from hand to hand becoming first Tescon, then part of Lanerossi (at the time of the group Eni) and later Cotoni of Sondrio. A deep wound in the territory of Valtellina and in people, who are swallowed by complex and distant systems.
The Marzotto Group
The Marzotto Group, with an eye to the Italian market and its peculiarities, sees in its competitor Lanerossi a great opportunity. With the acquisition of Lanerossi, which also includes "Cotoni di Sondrio", the Marzotto Group expands its product offering.
Tessuti di Sondrio in the World
The Marzotto group summarizes various aspects of the factory, starting from our name that, at the end of the '900, becomes what today the whole world knows: "Fabrics of Sondrio". In order to become more competitive, it invests heavily in weaving and finishing processes. It is a new dawn, which indelibly marks our international success, from the ateliers in Paris to the studios in New York and Tokyo.
Dalsasso archives since 1831
With the arrival of the new millennium, our famous collections are further enriched with the introduction of the Dalsasso Archive, a precious wool archive from Trentino founded in 1831. It is not a simple collection of fabrics, but a lifestyle based on a deep knowledge of materials and an invaluable tradition.
Beyond the fabricc
Our mission is to create products of excellence, sons of artisanal wisdom and territorial uniqueness. The design thinking behind a proposal is influenced by the most diverse fields: art, technology, culture and, above all, people. We love to express pure creativity, able to recognize and interpret the society and the time in which it lives.